Full details of our admissions policy and our fees are available on request.
Please contact the nursery manager for information on available sessions or to be added to the waiting list.
At Ashgrove Park and Clyde House Day Nurseries we care for 62 children (31 per setting) between the ages of 6 weeks and 5 years.
We offer the Universal Entitlement to Funded Childcare (12 hours per week, all year round), as well as the Extended Entitlement to Funded Childcare (additional 12 hours per week, all year round). Please ask for further details of scheme operation and availability. More information is available on the Childcare Choices website.
The numbers and ages of children admitted to the nursery comply with the legal space requirements set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
We take the following matters into account when prioritising and deciding on admissions:
- Availability of places, taking into account the staff: child ratios, the age of the child and any registration requirements
- Children who have siblings who are already with us
- When the application is received (extra weight is given to those who have been on the waiting list the longest)
- The nursery’s ability to provide the facilities necessary for the welfare of the child, including appropriate staffing arrangements
- A child requiring a full-time place may have preference over one requiring a part-time place. This is dependent upon work commitments, occupancy and room availability
- Any extenuating circumstances affecting the child’s welfare or the welfare of his/her family.
- We operate an inclusion and equality policy and ensure that all children have access to nursery places and services irrespective of their gender, race, disability, religion or belief or sexual orientation of parents.
Paying for and holding / reserving your child’s nursery place
- To secure a place at either nursery, a deposit of £100 is required. This will be offset against the the first month’s fees.
- We ask for the first month’s fees upfront.
- Fees are payable one month in advance, payable no later than the 7th of the month. We reserve the right to charge a late payment fee of £50 for payments received after this time.
- Fee payments should be made monthly either by bank transfer. Childcare Vouchers are accepted and we are registered for payments under the new Tax-Free Childcare scheme. By special arrangement, fees may be paid in cash. We do not accept cheques.
- We require one month’s written notice or fees in lieu of any change.
- Fees are payable at the full rate for child absence, sickness and holidays.
- We do not open on bank holidays and therefore do not charge for these days.
- We will not open on working days in between Christmas and New Year.
Clyde House offers a friendly, warm, and fun environment for children to learn and play. My three year old daughters loved it from day one.