Award-winning OFSTED rated day nurseries in Bishopston and Ashley Down. Ashgrove Park is rated OUTSTANDING by OFSTED (July 2019) and Clyde House is rated ‘GOOD with Outstanding (December 2016). The OFSTED reports can be found here.
Both nurseries have the 5 out of 5 stars food hygiene certificate, and to maintain it are required to be inspected annually by Bristol City Council with no notice at any time.
We evaluate continuously our settings and our practice. We look at 10 practice and setting-related areas – for example, the physical environment, relationships and interactions, partnerships with parents and the local community. The whole team is involved in this self-evaluation, recognising our strengths and looking at how we can improve. We focus on how any changes will benefit the children.
We also are members of BAND – the Bristol Association for Neighbourhood Daycare. They support us with training and policy writing.
We are also members of the National Day Nurseries Association.
All of our staff are highly qualified and undergo a rigorous training regime while they are with us. Find out more about our staff.
- Supporting children with additional needs
- Supporting children with English as an additional language
- Assessing children’s communication and language
- Working with separated parents
- Managing children’s difficult feelings
- Powerful learning environments
- A graduated response (guidance around providing a graduated response to children’s needs and taking small steps to learning) run by the Early Years and Portage Inclusion Team
- Narrowing the gap – tracking development among specific groups of children i.e. summer born babies
- Inspiring leadership
- Treasure baskets and heuristic play
- Wood, water, earth…crafty ideas
All staff have child protection training and managers have child protection for managers training. All nursery practitioners have first aid training and food safety training with the cooks and Head of Operations qualified to Level 2 in food hygiene.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.
Both my daughters attended Clyde House and they have been involved with us for over five years. There is a lovely, gentle and caring atmosphere at the nursery and the children are lively and busy with lots of exploring and playing. I have been very happy with their care.